Top Sonic Online Games: Play all the best Sonic Games below for Free
Sonic Games: Sonic’s adventures games are here. We’ve picked the best from across the web for you to play online.
Enjoy these Sonic online games. If you like it, please share.
|History of Sonic:
Sonic the Hedgehog is a hedgehog character that serves as the mascot of the Japanese video game company Sega. The first game in the franchise was released on June 23, 1991 (also Sonic's birthday) in order to provide Sega with a mascot to rival Nintendo's flagship character Mario.Since then, Sonic has become one of the world's best-known video game characters, with his series having sold over 44 million copies.
In April 1990, Sega requested a game capable of selling over one million copies and a character to replace Alex Kidd as the company's mascot. Several character designs were submitted by its AM8 research & development department, including an armadillo (who was later developed into Mighty the Armadillo), a dog, an over-sized Theodore Roosevelt in pajamas (which would later be the basis of Doctor Eggman's design), and a rabbit (intended to use its extendible ears to collect objects; these aspects were later incorporated into Ristar). Eventually, Naoto Oshima's spiky hedgehog, initially codenamed "Mr Needlemouse", was chosen as the new mascot. A group of fifteen started working on Sonic the Hedgehog, and renamed themselves Sonic Team.
Artist Naoto Oshima, designer Hirokazu Yasuhara and programmer Yuji Naka are generally credited with the creation of the character, a blue anthropomorphic hedgehog, whose ability to run faster than the speed of sound is a major part of the gameplay of the series.
- reference from Wikipedia.com
|History of Mario and Mario World:
The Mario brothers, Mario & Luigi, are the two plumber mascots of Nintendo. They were created by the mind of Shigeru Miyamato, a Japanese game developer for Nintendo. Their names are Mario Mario and Luigi Mario, respectively.
Mario first appeared in the 1982 arcade hit Donkey Kong, and became an instant hit. He appeared again 2 years later in Mario Bros., his first title role. This game also introduced Luigi to the public. Mario first came home on the Nintendo Entertainment System in Super Mario Bros., one of the best selling games ever. This game brought Mario into millions of homes around the world and made him a cultural icon.
Since then Mario has appeared in many other games for the Super Nintendo, Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Wii, and DS. A Mario (or Luigi) game has been released alongside each of these systems and helped many of them succeed. Super Mario Bros. is still the best selling video game ever, selling over 40 million copies worldwide since its release.
- refernced from: www.smbhq.com
Mario 10 Fun Facts:
1) Mario was first seen in the video game Donkey Kong, but he was called "Jumpman." He was also a carpenter then, not a plumber.
2) Mario was named after Mario Segale, the landlord of Nintendo of America's office, who barged in on a company meeting demanding an overdue rent.
3) Shigeru Miyamoto drew Mario as wearing a cap because he found drawing hair difficult. He also drew in the moustache, because it was easier to see than a mouth in the crude video game screen resolution back then.
4) Mario and his younger brother Luigi are known as the "Mario Brothers." This means that Mario's last name is also Mario, so his full name is Mario Mario.
5) Mario is voice-acted by Charles Martinet, who crashed the audition for "an Italian plumber from Brooklyn" character.
6) Mario's nemesis is Wario (a combination of “warui”, the Japanese word for bad, and Mario). Similarly, Luigi's rival is Waluigi. Both are also voiced by Charles Martinet.
7) Mario has appeared in over 200 video games so far, has sold over 193 million units of games (all of the Mario series) and even has his own TV cartoon show. Super Mario Bros. 3 alone grossed over $500 million in USA.
8) TV Schmeve, you're nothing till there's an opera done on you.
9) Super Mario Bros. theme music, written by Koji Kondo, is known worldwide. It has inspired countless fan-renditions, including one played by Zack Kim on two guitars (viewed over 4 million times on YouTube!), played by Jean Baudin on 11 string bass, beatboxed by Greg Patillo on the flute, and played by the Oregon Pro Arte Chamber Orchestra on the trombones.
10) Mario is the most famous character in the history of video games, and perhaps is the most famous character ever. In a 1990 poll by Marketing Evaluations, Mario was found to be more popular (and recognizable) among children than Mickey Mouse.
- referrenced from: www.neatorama.com